- Annualized Year to date yield as at December 31st, 2015 at 9.18% – A 9% risk adjusted return is viewed as a competitive advantage in comparison to rates offered within the market.
- Access to an affiliated mortgage brokerage – Approximately 25% of our mortgage originations are from Canada Lend Inc. which is an affiliated mortgage broker of MCC. This is a competitive advantage as it provides us with proprietary deal flow.
- Stable investment – As a non-market correlated investment, MCC can be an excellent hedge in client portfolios against bond and stock market volatility
- Corporate Governance by Independent Board of Directors
- TD Bank Line of Credit for $15 Million
Mortgage Company of Canada (“MCC”) is a mortgage investment corporation whose objective is to provide investors with an attractive risk-adjusted return by primarily investing in mortgages of single family homes in the Greater Toronto Area.
Raj Babber, Founder, CEO and President
Raj Babber is the Founder, Chief Executive Officer and President of Mortgage Company of Canada (MCC). Prior to founding MCC, Raj founded Canadalend.com. Since its inception in 2005, Canadalend.com has grown to become one of the highest volume independent mortgage brokering houses in Canada.
Sanjay Kaith, Chief Operating Officer
Sanjay Kaith is the Chief Operating Officer at Mortgage Company of Canada. Sanjay has been a valued member of MCC’s management team since inception. In this role, Sanjay makes credit adjudication decisions on credit policy of newly originated mortgages. Sanjay is responsible for the oversight of a team managing maturities, mortgage assessments, renewal and demand decisions, pricing and structuring.
Greg Goutis, Chief Financial Officer
Greg Goutis is the Chief Financial Officer at MCC. Greg joined the MCC team in January 2013. Greg holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in financial and economic studies from the University of Western Ontario and obtained the CMA designation in 1999 (now CPA). Over the course of his career, Greg has accumulated over 15 years of experience in the construction and real estate industries.
Rakhi Tejani, VP Strategy and Business Development
Rakhi joined the MCC team in April 2015 as the VP Strategy and Business Development. In this role, she is responsible for ensuring corporate growth initiatives and projects are executed according to management’s strategic plans. Prior to joining MCC, Rakhi worked at National Bank Financial Markets in the role of Senior Manager Operational Risk. In this role her main focus was analyzing potential business risks, including fraud, legal, regulatory and execution risks. Rakhi Tejani is a Chartered Accountant and holds a Bachelor of Business Administration from the Schulich School of Business.